What’s this country going to do about climate change?
Discussion and Desserts:
April 8, 7-9 PM,
Chevy Chase Town Hall
4301 Willow Lane
Chevy Chase, MD.
Many of us who are concerned about climate change are baffled and frustrated by the
news we have read about what’s going on in Washington and at international meetings.
Don’t you wish you could sit down with some experts and ask them your burning
questions? One of the great benefits of living in Washington, DC is that many of the
movers and shakers are our neighbors and this is certainly true in the case of climate
change. The Climate Protection, Environment, and Community Relations Committees
invite you to Discussion and Desserts with a panel of local experts on climate change:
• Charles Ebinger, Director of the Energy Security Initiative at the Brookings
• Juliet Eilperin, national environmental reporter for the Washington Post who
writes the Post Carbon blog;
• Stephen Seidel, Vice President for Policy Analysis and General Counsel at the
Pew Center on Global Climate Change; and
• Alexandra Teitz, Senior Counsel, Environment and Energy, Committee on
Energy and Commerce, U.S. House of Representatives (Chairman Henry A.
The session will be moderated by Charles Duffy, host of Political Pulse on MMTV, Channel
16. Each panelist will give a short opening statement and then the audience will take
over with your questions and comments. Please come join us for a lively and provocative
discussion. Questions: Call Warren Rizzi, 301-654-7144.